Dog Friendly, with Kennels
After much consideration and debate, we’ve decided to open up one room to be dog-friendly, so long as they’re well behaved dogs. So, for example – you bring their food and bedding, plus extra towels – just in case – and they can stay in our Owl bedroom with you. We decided that this was the only room large enough to cope. So, let us know when you book the room whether you’re bringing your dog, and we’ll look forward to meeting them.
There are showers in the campsite suitable to wash and shampoo them should they get really mucky on a walk.
There is a charge for your dog to stay with you of £5 per night. This is to cover the additional costs of cleaning and maintaining the room, and then the access route to the room (those cream carpets could be a nightmare!).
We ask dog Owners to observe the following rules:
- That they are never left alone in the Property – this includes at breakfast time. We cannot allow dogs in the dining room if we have other guests. This would be waived if you are the only guests staying.
- That they are kept under control at all times.
- You need to bring their own bedding and food & bowls.
- That they are not permitted on beds or on any of the furniture – any hairs should be cleaned up before departing, where possible.
- All dogs are up to date with flea and worming treatments. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges.
- Sorry – but cats or other pets are not permitted due to allergies.
- That you accept total responsibility for your dog and its actions (e.g. cleaning up mess etc.).
- Each dog will be charged at £5 per night. However, any damage (which must be reported to Norman or Fiona immediately) or any excessive cleaning that may be needed will incur an additional charge, at our discretion.
- Failure to comply with any of these points will lead to additional costs being charged.
- We also remind you that this is ‘sheep country’ and dogs must be kept well away from all livestock. Please note that we do not guarantee that the garden is completely secure.
Alternatively, we have enclosures available for visiting dogs, with space to spread out and including a kennel within the areas. They have been called Pheasant and Partridge.
With 3 kennel enclosures, located within our Barn opposite the house, each individual enclosure has a wooden ‘dog kennel’. Dogs are only allowed in one room inside the house, and not in the guest lounge/dining room, but the kennels and our 16 acres of land should provide plenty of space to stretch their legs.
You can either bring your own dog food, or for £2 per day we can supply a meal of: tinned dog food, and/or dried mix. We usually suggest bringing their own beds too, so they feel more relaxed in the kennels, but this is essential in the Owl bedroom.
Please remember to advise us that you’re bringing your dog, as we may already have doggy reservations in the kennels.
This change to allow dogs in Owl Bedroom is for a trial period, so if we discover that there are problems, we will withdraw this option immediately. Hope you understand this.