Weddings at Gwaenynog
Gwaenynog is licensed for weddings…
In association with Shindig, our sister events company, we can cater for small, intimate ceremonies in our guest lounge accommodating up to 20 people, or up to 60 in our Dutch Barn (new for 2017) – or where most have their celebrations, in our wedding barn for up to 250, depending on the type of wedding you want. Our large wedding barn is available for larger ceremonies, where you could then hold the entire event, making it all under one roof, or relocate to a marquee or tipi for the reception, either on our field or near the campsite after the ceremony. The choice is yours.
If you were thinking about having your wedding somewhere rural and picturesque, that’s connected to nature and easily adaptable for your ideas, then Gwaenynog could be the perfect place for you… Want somewhere to have the ceremony and reception together in a relaxed environment, and where you can have the added benefit of accommodating all your friends? And maybe for the whole weekend? Or perhaps a festival wedding theme? We can offer tipi’s or other unusual tents rather than just marquees, let your imagination (and budget) help you decide. Just call to discuss and we can come up with a plan…
We’ve had couples from Shrewsbury, Watford, Hereford, Porthmadog, Sheffield, Derbyshire, Liverpool, Edinburgh, London (twice) and a few local couples too. So, if you’re looking for a unique, special venue – give us a call.
Whether you want a tea party style, street food, hog roast or a more formal dining experience, the choice is yours. We can offer a variety of styles from 3 course dinners, hot or cold buffet style – or even a BBQ, it all depends on what you want.
If you want some other ideas, then head over to our Pinterest board. We’ve chosen pictures which would give you a flavour of what could be done here. In addition to this, we also have a Dutch Barn which is suitable for bands, with a stage, and a rustic dance floor – this is made up of rubber stable mats.
The most important part of the day is the getting married, which is the legal bit – as we’re licensed to have this done here, you need to have the registrars come and carry out the ceremony. To contact them for their availability, click here. You need to do this yourself, as it’s your wedding.
- Use of Gwaenynog Farmhouse, Campsite & Barn from Friday noon to Sunday/Monday noon
- Including all 4 en-suite bedrooms in the B&B
- Use of the campsite – including 7 electric hook-ups
- Free Wifi in the house
- Toilet block at the wedding barn
- Free use of fire-pits and Gwaenynog gardens
Additional costs will include:
- Catering for your event – this can be anything from a hog roast, buffet or sit-down 3-course meal. We have recommendations of local companies you can use, depending on your choice and style
- You will also need to ensure that crockery and cutlery is included in your catering quote – or alternatively, we can organise this for you via our sister company, Shindig, who offer special rates to Gwaenynog Events for various other equipment – like glasses or a catering marquee – that you and your caterer might need to use during your wedding event.
- Barn decoration for the ceremony – you decide what you want and how it should be done. We have lots of things available for free
- Any furniture for the wedding reception and ceremony – we can recommend who to use, but the style will depend on your budget
- Transport for those not staying at Gwaenynog – although we can accommodate campers, and you can even arrange for a “village” of bell tents from a supplier, we can also give you details of local B&B’s and self-catering places (not everyone will want to camp!) – we suggest a minibus to-and-from their locations that others may stay. (Worked very well for lots of previous weddings)
- Disco/band – depending on your choice – or bring your own music!
- Accommodation in the house is allocated at your instructions – plus, you can arrange for a camping village on site, where you offset the cost to your guests, and they get to stay here too!
- Bank holidays will carry an additional cost, as we will not split the weekend – it’s exclusive to you and that would make a special event. Two weddings this year had their ceremony on a Sunday, which made a great weekend away without having to use holidays.
- Bar – we operate a cash bar but allow you the freedom to supply your own wine for the wedding reception meal, for which we will not charge you corkage, although we can also offer to supply this too.
- It all depends on your budget and how many guests you invite…
If tackling all this on your own seems a bit daunting, we’ve got some wonderful suppliers who we’ve used a lot since we started, who are flexible, know our venue – and who love making great memories too.
Hopefully this gives you some ideas. Just call or email for more information or to discuss.
#festivalweddings #bohoweddings #WeddingsinPowys #WeddingsinShropshire #WeddingsinShrewsbury #WeddingsnearWrexham #CampingWeddings #RusticWeddings #FestivalBrides #CampsiteWeddings