Weddings at Gwaenynog
Gwaenynog is licensed for weddings…
We can cater for small, intimate ceremonies in our guest lounge accommodating up to 20 people, or up to 250 guests in our barn, depending on the type of wedding you want. Our large stock barn is available for larger ceremonies, where you could then hold the entire event, making it all under one roof, or relocate to a marquee or tipi for the reception, either on our field or near the campsite after the ceremony. The choice is yours.
If you were thinking about having your wedding somewhere rural and picturesque, that’s connected to nature and easily adaptable for your ideas, then Gwaenynog could be the perfect place for you… Want somewhere to have the ceremony and reception together in a relaxed environment, and where you can have the added benefit of accommodating all your friends? And maybe for the whole weekend? Or perhaps a festival wedding theme? We can offer tipi’s or other unusual tents rather than just marquees, let your imagination (and budget) help you decide. Just call to discuss and we can come up with a plan…
We’ve had couples from Shrewsbury, Watford, Hereford, Porthmadog, Sheffield, Derbyshire, Liverpool, Edinburgh, London (twice) and a few local couples too. So, if you’re looking for a unique, special venue – give us a call.
We can offer a variety of styles from 3 course dinners, hot or cold buffet style or perhaps something more rustic with a hog roast, street food, pizza or pulled pork – or even a BBQ, it all depends on what you want.
If you want some other ideas, then head over to our Pinterest board. We’ve chosen pictures which would give you a flavour of what could be done here. In addition to this, we also have a Dutch Barn which is suitable for bands, with a stage, and a rustic dance floor – this is made up of rubber stable mats.
The most important part of the day is the getting married, which is the legal bit – as we’re licensed to have this done here, you need to have the registrars come and carry out the ceremony. To contact them for their availability, click here. You need to do this yourself, as it’s your wedding.
- Use of Gwaenynog Farmhouse, Campsite & Barn from Friday noon to Sunday/Monday noon, depending on your plans. This should allow plenty of time for the set-up, and more importantly, the clear-down afterwards!
- Including all 4 en-suite bedrooms in the B&B
- Use of the campsite – with up to 15 pitches, including 7 electric hook-ups
- Free Wifi
- Toilet block at the wedding barn
- Free use of fire-pits and Gwaenynog gardens
Additional costs will include:
- Catering for your event – this can be anything from a hog roast, buffet or sit-down 3 course meal. We have recommendations of local companies you can use, depending on your choice and style
- Marquee hire & decoration – whether the marquee is placed on our yard or a field at Gwaenynog
- Barn decoration for the ceremony – you decide what you want and how it should be done. We have a lot of things available for free
- Any furniture for the wedding reception and ceremony – we can recommend who to use, but it will all depend on your budget
- Transport for those not staying at Gwaenynog – although we can accommodate campers, and you can even arrange for a “village” of bell tents from a supplier, we can also give you details of local B&B’s and self-catering places (not everyone will want to camp!) – we suggest a minibus to-and-from their locations that others may stay. (Worked very well for previous weddings)
- Disco/band – depending on your choice, or bring your own music
- Bank holidays will carry an additional cost, as we will not split the weekend – it’s exclusive to you
- Bar – we can give details for barrels of local beer to be delivered, in time to settle for the day, as well as recommend a supplier for a cash bar. We will not charge corkage or anything if you choose to bring your own. We now have our own bar in place, which we can either run for you, or you can do it yourself!
- It all depends on your budget and how many guests you invite…
Hopefully this gives you some ideas. Just call or email for more information or to discuss.
#festivalweddings #bohoweddings #WeddingsinPowys #WeddingsinShropshire #WeddingsinShrewsbury #WeddingsnearWrexham #CampingWeddings #RusticWeddings #FestivalBrides #CampsiteWeddings