Although we’re currently still closed, we are preparing to reopen… yay!!
(well, when Welsh govt tells us we can) 😉
NB: We’re not taking deposits until 5 days before arrival.
We hope that you and your loved ones stay well and safe, and hopefully we’ll see you soon…
With 5 pitches for caravans, campervans, and motorhomes, and with up to 7 electric points and plenty of space for tents, you can relax and enjoy the peace and quiet that is synonymous with Gwaenynog. With 3 showers, 4 toilets and washing-up facilities in a kitchen, plus a handy washing machine, fridge and freezer – it’s like a home from home!
Bordered by ancient woodland and hedgerows that offer seclusion, the campsite offers some wonderful views. Quiet country lanes, ideal for walking or cycling, can join up with marked walks such as Glyndwr’s Way or Ann Griffiths walk (a mile away); or utilise other public footpaths and bridleways that cross the surrounding farmland. We’re open from Easter to the end of September, weather dependent!
- Dogs are allowed to roam on the campsite but must be monitored and kept under control at all times. We also expect owners to clear up after their dogs. Also, please be considerate of other campers.
- We allow fires only with a fire pit (we have these available for hire at £6 per night).
- We are licensed, so can offer drinks.
- The Farmhouse also offers B&B accommodation, so non-camping family members can also be catered for (subject to availability.)
- Don’t fancy cooking breakfast? Then let us do it for you – we offer breakfasts to campers at £6.95 for adults and £4.95 for children, either in the B&B or in our Bar Marquee, usually as a brunch (depending on how busy we are in the B&B), so please check with us on arrival.
- Or we can offer a lighter option of Bacon or Sausage sandwich at £3.70 per Butty. Just let us know.
- We also offer evening meals for campers, just check out our menu and let us know your choice ahead of your arrival.
- The toilet and shower block is just a short stroll from the pitches.
(You must advise your Camping & Caravanning Club membership number at the time of booking.)
Price per pitch is £25 without electric or £30 with.
(Please note: A pitch means up to 2 adults and 2+ children, with one car. So, if you’re a group of more than 2 adults, we charge an additional £3 per adult per night. Also, please let us know if you plan to bring a second car, as we charge £2 per night per extra car. You can book this online too.)
To check availability or to book, please choose your date and check for availability using the search button – up on the top right of this page. You can book either a standard pitch or one with Electric Hook Up (EHU).
How to get here:
As it depends where you’re coming from, we guide you only the last 2-3 miles to reach us – your route will vary, depending on your starting point. (We recommend using Google or Bing Maps rather than our postcode to find us, as there are 8 farms on that postcode!! Plus it takes you to our neighbour, not us.)
So, at the crossroads of the B4382 and the A495 take the turning signposted to Dolanog, marked 4 miles to Dolanog. (See map on the left.) After approx two miles (it does seem longer, but keep going) take the second left and head up the hill. It wiggles and undulates a bit, but ignore the first turning on the left, then once you reach the staggered crossroads, please turn left – the signpost says Dolanog 1 mile to the right… (Any satnav will be telling you to turn right at this junction, but that is taking you to another farm.)
Look out for our yellow sign on the gate opposite the junction, and by the crossroads.
Our drive is the first on the left after about 300 yards, set-back from the road. (And there’s another yellow sign!) There are also slate signs with Gwaenynog and the drive is about 150 yards. Please then pull up in the yard and report to reception that you’ve arrived. We will then guide you to the campsite. Please do not go straight onto the site.
Our Ordnance Survey reference is: SJ 080112; or long/lat reference is: 52.690813, -3.362396.