GlamPods – an alternative to camping…
Welcome to our Glamping page.
Here you will find all you need to know about our Glamping accommodation, but also how to book and pay for it!
Each GlamPod Lodge is suitable for up to 3 people, with a double and a single bed. There’s power, lighting and space for all your luggage, with a key and combination lock for security.
The view to the front is one of the best at Gwaenynog, looking towards the hills and mountains (see large pic above!). Tucked behind our stone barn, this area offers sheltered space for that escape, with a picnic table and umbrella for shelter. The toilets and showers are nearby, next to the Dutch Barn, and shared with the campsite.
We allow dogs in our GlamPods, although we think it is better to bring them only when there’s just 2 people, as there’s then more space. The single bunk can be used for storing your luggage – leaving enough room for a dog bed on the floor. There is no charge to bring a dog.
Glamping – all the fun of camping, without the hassle of putting up a tent! So, bring all your camping gear and just leave the tent at home. There’s also some kitchen facilities nearby, should you need it. The GlamPods are positioned for privacy, but with enough space to be enjoyed by campers who are part of a group occupying more than one pod, and there is plenty of safe space for children to play while the adults sit and relax.
Facilities on-site include:
- Toilets – with hand basins, plus showers.
- Washing-up sink, large work/food prep surface, a kettle, a toaster, a fridge and a freezer – all located in the campsite washroom
- Two/three camping chairs per pod, with a picnic table and umbrella per pod
- Single gas stove, for use outside, plus all you could need to prepare and eat food
- A small fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster are all here for you – include tea and coffee, and enough milk to start you off!
- Gas or charcoal BBQs and firepit available – just pay for the charcoal and the wood
- Our Dutch Barn is available to shelter in bad weather, or when the bar is open
Both of our camping pods are equipped with electricity, so you can enjoy all of your modern comforts without losing the great atmosphere of camping.
To book your GlamPod, please choose your date on the calendar at the bottom below, then follow the instructions. Once you’ve booked, we will send you a secure link to make payment. There is a 2-night minimum booking requirement for both our Pods. The price per night is £80, or £85 with a child under 12, that includes bedding – but not towels.
- Lovely pods clean and tidy. Very nice area Fiona and Norman were so helpful and cooked lovely food would happily stay there again.
- Absolutely wonderful stay at Gwaenynog! The GlamPod and all of the shared facilities were spotlessly clean and very well maintained. The pub is absolutely fantastic and the hosts were extremely welcoming. Be mindful of the gates between the different sections as you wouldn’t want to wake anyone up with the noise late at night. Otherwise, we cannot fault this site and we are very much looking forward to going back.
- The owners were very friendly and willing, despite being busy with running their business. The site was well organized and extremely clean with clear labels for recycling, wash rooms, toilets etc., showers were warm, clean and, as campsites go, pretty powerful. Gents and ladies were clearly labelled too. Staying in the pods, we were very impressed with the secure nature of this area (particularly with two dogs and a toddler). Their was also a field we were allowed to exercise the dogs in next to our pods making it ideal. The pods contained everything you should need for a few nights away (including a small fan!). The site itself was located in a lovely, quiet area down country roads with just the noises from wildlife and farmland – yet 10 minute drive and you were back in civilization. It was also possibly the only part you could get 4G and a radio signal. The site also has a bar with various beers, ales etc. available which the owners seemed happy to open up at your request. Lots of beautiful nearby walks for you to explore and if you’re unsure just ask and Fiona and Norman will point you in the right direction.
- We chose to stay at Gwaenynog Barn over the bank holiday weekend in August because it had two pods together – we were so lucky as it was the hottest bank holiday weekend for years. We went with friends and as we were both able to have a pod it was great, the facilities were spotless and close by… Norman & Fiona had the bar open for one of the evenings – with other campers playing music – which was great fun. Would definitely recommend – remember to take all your cooking utensils, just like you would camping. We will return.
- We stayed in one of the Pods at Gwaenynog Barn during our groups Duke of Edinburgh Award training expedition. It was ideal for my wife and I as a safe and cosy place to have our 17 week old son away from the bustle of our 35 young participants! The pod is basic but very comfortable. The view is spectacular, and there’s a well positioned covered table between the pods to take it in. For those interested in admiring the night sky this place would be ideal. Toilet and shower facilities are shared with the campsite. They are extensive, offering clean toilets, showers and a kitchen area.