COVID-19 – Campsite
COVID-19 Guest Information – STAY SAFELY Policy (August 2020 onward):
Our own health is obviously just as important to us as the health of our guests, so please rest assured that we will rigidly apply our ‘STAY SAFELY’ policy detailed below:
The following information details the additional measures taken here at Gwaenynog Farmhouse to ensure that our guests and ourselves stay safely during this unprecedented COVID19 pandemic. This will remain in force until told we can do otherwise. As your hosts its first of all very important that you can trust that we are Covid-secure. To reassure you on that point we have both taken advantage of the COVID vaccines, and are sensible with wearing masks whenever were away from our home.
So, having ensured that we are able to serve you during your break, we will then adopt further measures to ensure our home and yourselves stay safely as follows:
- We monitor closely and adhere to all UK Government, Public Health, and World Health Organization guidance for the accommodation sector and food businesses.
- We always pay particular attention to our cleaning and hygiene regimes but have introduced a series of enhanced measures to keep our guests and us well:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting housekeeping regime in public and guest areas, both during your stay and between guests.
- Revised payment procedures to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Installation of hand sanitizer gel at entrances and gates, as well as in the washroom.
- Location of disinfectant spray and cloths in all shower cubicles for campers to clean before use. We will clean each day, but this is to enable guests to clean ahead of use for their own peace of mind.
- Electronic guest information sent to all campers & glampers.
- New online ordering and payment for breakfasts and bar meals… this is to reduce the amount of time in shared spaces, like our Dutch Barn or marquee bar.
- Earlier checkout and later check-in times, due to additional cleaning requirements. We’ve kept this to as short as possible, so rather than 12noon checkout, we ask for 11.30am checkout, and check-in not before 15.00pm, instead of 14.30; this gives us an extra hour for all the additional cleaning now required.
- Improved Management of guest bookings to ensure that guests health is checked both before and after their stay at Gwaenynog.
- We will maintain a specific action plan in the event of a sick guest or host with COVID19 symptoms within two weeks of leaving the establishment, enhanced by the UK/Wales track and trace system.
- Retention of guest contact details – but only to enable contact tracing, should this be required.
- If you or any of your household are notified as a close contact & therefore have to self isolate, or if you experience COVID-19 symptoms such as a high temperature, a new persistent cough, or a change to your sense of taste or smell, we must ask that you do NOT travel to us, follow government guidance and contact us immediately to reschedule your visit.
NB: The only shared areas for Campers are the Washroom, Toilets & Showers. With the cleaning regimes detailed above we believe these procedures will facilitate a ‘STAY SAFELY’ program for everyone. However, if you have any particular health concerns that mean you prefer to have exclusive use of our Campsite facilities during your stay please let us know. We will facilitate such requests whenever possible, especially for a large family group or bubble, so just get in touch.
 Although some consumers perceive there is a risk of COVID-19 infection resulting from open food displays, there is currently no scientific evidence suggesting that food is associated with transmission of the COVID-19 virus.