Weddings at Gwaenynog
We’re holding a Wedding Fayre!
Sunday 19th May, 11am to 3pm…
Pre-register to receive a complimentary glass of bubbly – bring your whole team and make a day of it!
Gwaenynog is licensed for weddings…
We can cater for small, intimate ceremonies in our Farmhouse guest lounge accommodating up to 20 people, or up to 70 people in our Dutch Barn – or for larger wedding celebrations, in “The Wedding Barn” accommodating 70 to 250 people – all depending on the type of wedding you want. “The Wedding Barn” offers the option to hold the entire event under one roof; with the barn divided in two, using our hessian screens we can host the ceremony in one half and the reception in the other. So, even on a wet day, your guests can enjoy the whole event under one roof. The choice is yours. However, the normal routine is to have the ceremony in “The Wedding Barn”, then head to the Farmhouse garden for fizz or Pimms on the lawn, returning for the wedding breakfast and then into the evening party. We have bars located at the Farmhouse and Wedding Barn, selling the full range of drinks at local pub prices – with the option to choose your favourite beers, spirits or cocktails. You also have the option to choose your preferred style of furniture and decorations – whether rustic or more formal, see example photos below – and also to supply your own wine or fizz for the wedding reception – we don’t charge corkage.
If you were thinking about having your wedding somewhere rural and picturesque, that’s connected to nature and easily adaptable for your ideas, then Gwaenynog could be the perfect place for you… Want somewhere to have the ceremony and reception together in a relaxed environment, and where you can have the added benefit of accommodating all your friends? And maybe for the whole weekend? Or perhaps a festival wedding theme? We can offer tipi’s or other unusual tents rather than just marquees, let your imagination (and budget) help you decide. Just call to discuss and we can come up with a plan.
Our campsite offers you the ability to host a festival wedding weekend, which has been extremely popular at Gwaenynog. Your guests can choose to bring their own tents or caravans/campervans (we have electric hook-ups available). Or else opt to hire various glamping options where your guests can then arrive with no need to set-up. This provides a no-hassle option for a festival camping weekend, even for the non-campers in your wedding party. We can cater to your guests’ breakfasts and even offer a BBQ/Other catering options, including vegetarian and Gluten Free, on their arrival night, the day before your wedding. If preferred, we’re also happy for you to organise a DIY, BBQ or other catering options with external suppliers.
We’ve had couples from Shrewsbury, Watford, Hereford, Porthmadog, Sheffield, Derbyshire, Liverpool, Edinburgh, London (twice) and a few local couples too. So, if you’re looking for a unique, special venue – give us a call.
Whether you want a tea party style, street food, hog roast or a more formal dining experience, the choice is yours. We can offer a variety of styles from 3 course dinners, hot or cold buffet style – or even a BBQ, it all depends on what you want.
Want some other ideas? Then head over to our Pinterest board. We’ve chosen pictures which would give you a flavour of what could be done here. In addition to this, we also have a Dutch Barn which is suitable for bands, with a stage, and a rustic dance floor – this is made up of rubber stable mats.
Reviews from previous couples:
“We chose to have our wedding at Gwaenynog due to its stunning location and the fact that we could have exclusive hire – making it a huge weekend of wedding celebration. Although it was a lot of work pulling it all together, it was 100% worth it – everyone is still talking about what a fantastic, unique wedding it was. The amazing weather helped too” Carly & Phil, May 2018
“Got married here in June 17, such a unique and picturesque venue, we made a full weekend of it with all our family and friends camping. Fiona and Norman were so accommodating and really helped our special day run perfectly! One visit here will be enough to book!!” Kim & David
“If you are looking for a venue that accommodates small or large weddings, a place where you have flexibility, a place that helps you mold your wedding to your dream wedding and a stunning location, then Gwaenynog is the place. We were lucky to be married here and wow. The venue is magical as a blank canvas but when you paint your wedding onto it, it’s amazing.” Natasha & Anthony
A most important part of the day, of course, is getting married, which is the legal bit – as we’re licensed to have this done here, you need to have the registrars come and carry out the ceremony. To contact them, click here, then type “Book a Ceremony” in the search box, then click on the title, and complete the form. You need to do this yourself, as it’s your wedding.
- Use of Gwaenynog Farmhouse, Campsite & Barn from Friday noon to Sunday/Monday noon
- Including all 4 en-suite bedrooms in the B&B
- Use of the campsite – including 7 electric hook-ups
- Free Wifi in the house
- Toilet block at the wedding barn
- Free use of fire-pits and Gwaenynog gardens
Additional costs will include:
- Catering for your event – this can be anything from a hog roast, buffet or sit-down 3-course meal. We have recommendations of local companies you can use, depending on your choice and style
- You will also need to ensure that crockery and cutlery is included in your catering quote – or alternatively, we can organise this for you via our sister company, Shindig, who offer special rates to Gwaenynog Events for various other equipment – like glasses or a catering marquee – that you and your caterer might need to use during your wedding event.
- Barn decoration for the ceremony – you decide what you want and how it should be done. We have lots of things available for free
- Any furniture for the wedding reception and ceremony – we can recommend who to use, but the style will depend on your budget
- Transport for those not staying at Gwaenynog – although we can accommodate campers, and you can even arrange for a “village” of bell tents from a supplier, we can also give you details of local B&B’s and self-catering places (not everyone will want to camp!) – we suggest a minibus to-and-from their locations that others may stay. (Worked very well for lots of previous weddings)
- Disco/band – depending on your choice – or bring your own music!
- Accommodation in the house is allocated at your instructions – plus, you can arrange for a camping village on site, where you offset the cost to your guests, and they get to stay here too!
- Bank holidays will carry an additional cost, as we will not split the weekend – it’s exclusive to you and that would make a special event. Two weddings in 2017 had their ceremony on a Sunday, which made a great weekend away without having to use-up holidays.
- Bar – we operate a cash bar but allow you the freedom to supply your own wine for the wedding reception meal, for which we will not charge you corkage, although we can also offer to supply this too.
- It all depends on your budget and how many guests you invite…
If tackling all this on your own seems a bit daunting, we’ve got some wonderful suppliers who we’ve used a lot since we started, who are flexible, know our venue – and who love making great memories too.
Hopefully this gives you some ideas. Just call or email for more information or to discuss.
#festivalweddings #bohoweddings #WeddingsinPowys #WeddingsinShropshire #WeddingsinShrewsbury #WeddingsnearWrexham #CampingWeddings #RusticWeddings #FestivalBrides #CampsiteWeddings