– Owl Bedroom
This room is spacious, with a very comfortable four-poster bed, a larger bathroom with big shower head plus a smaller movable head, and with room to bring the family – if you wanted to! There is a daybed which converts to a single bed, with a trundle underneath which accommodates another bed – both are 2’6” wide and under 6′ long – hence why we specify up to 2 children to the age of 12 only, as they’re not suitable for adults.
(A travel cot could be accommodated in this room instead of one of the beds – at no additional cost. Please advise and we can put one in place.)
From this room are over fields to the front and our barn, looking towards the tree where the resident owl lives. If you’re really lucky, come dusk you may see the owl heading out for their nightly ritual – hence the reason we called the room Owl!
Decorated in a tastefully neutral and traditional style, it still has some visible beams from the 18th century, both in the bedroom and in the en-suite. There is a large flat screen digital TV with remote control, which has Freeview and an integrated DVD – so you can bring your own films if you like.
With tea and coffee making facilities, and fresh milk kept in the fridge on the landing. We also have a radio/alarm with an iPod dock, so you can charge your iPod or iPhone whilst you are here.
New for 2016
We’ve now decided to offer this room as a dog-friendly room, so now you can bring your family pooch with you. We ask dog Owners to observe the following rules (failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave, without compensation).
- That they are never left alone in the Property.
- That they are kept under control at all times.
- You need to bring their own bedding and food & bowls.
- That they are not permitted on beds or on any of the furniture – any hairs should be cleaned up before departing, where possible.
- All dogs are up to date with flea and worming treatments. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges.
- Sorry – but cats or other pets are not permitted.
- That you accept total responsibility for your dog and its actions (e.g. cleaning up mess etc.).
- Each dog will be charged at £7.50 per night. However, any damage (which must be reported to Norman or Fiona immediately) or any excessive cleaning that may be needed will incur an additional charge, at our discretion.
- Failure to comply with any of these points will lead to any additional costs incurred being charged.
- We also remind you that this is ‘sheep country’ and dogs must be kept well away from all livestock. Please note that we cannot guarantee the garden is completely secure.